Sunday, September 14, 2008

Helen Britton, at Klimt02...

This is real inspiration for me!
When I see this kind of jewelleries I get happy and know that my own way also are the right way, we walk the same line as Everything but the girl sings about…


Helen Britton

The pieces are build from a great diversity of shapes and materials; layer upon layer, colour on colour.The diversity of hues is further expanded by the use of paint. Yet the objects maintain a self-evident harmony, not unlike wild gardens which never become choatic or mared by clashing colours.

THE ARTIST
Munich 2008.
I am still roaming around finding things, hunting for and gathering materials, like I've been doing for years. No shores here though, a few river banks and also heaps of junk. Europe: the residue of matter, contemporary and otherwise is exotic and plentiful, piled up in the flea markets, spilling onto the streets out of shops, being broken or discarded and crunched back into the earth for centuries. So from this mass of matter I assemble these collisions of design, these baroque, reduction resistant assemblages, these unruly aesthetic desires. There is a lot of pleasure here, and also a measure of aggression, seeking its meaning in the present, walking directly out of my lived experience. Making jewellery, I play out tensions and beautiful collisions in a small complex space, building miniature theatrical landscapes and emotional responses to the material world.

From:
www.klimt02.net

http://www.embassygallery.co.uk/www.embassygallery.co.uk/fools%20gold/Helen_Britton.htm

http://www.sofaexpo.com/NY/2006/jewelry_rel.htm

http://www.artjewelryforum.org/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=560

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula!
I love the work of this jeweler. Really it makes me feel alive and happy like a you!!!
Whith love,
Montserrat