Sunday, June 30, 2013

Christiania...









































































Friday, a sunny day and a long walk down to Christiania…

I like Christiania’s esthetics very very much, I´m not drug liberal at all, so the green light district is not my cup of tea so to speak, I think that it´s a very sad view to see so many young “men”, I think it´s mostly male there in the pusher street…  But the area around the lake is adorable, full of creativity and nice small houses the other not like the other… The cafés are also very very great once in the area, vegetarian and tasty. My experience is that the most of the people there are friendly and helpful, I like the women’s blacksmiths place and this time I found a ring that I like a lot and buy as a gift for myself…

You can find as many motive for good photos in this area, everything is so colorful and playful and it´s big paintings or small details… I took as the maximalist I am a lot and here you can see some of all the photos I took under our three hours walking around in the area.

You are not allowed to take photos of the people in the area.

From wikipedia:
Christiania, also known as Freetown Christiania (Danish: Fristaden Christiania) is a self-proclaimed autonomous neighbourhood of about 850 residents, covering 34 hectares (84 acres) in the borough of Christianshavn in the Danish capital Copenhagen. Civic authorities in Copenhagen regard Christiania as a large commune, but the area has a unique status in that it is regulated by a special law, the Christiania Law of 1989 which transfers parts of the supervision of the area from the municipality of Copenhagen to the state. It was closed by residents in April 2011, whilst discussions continued with the Danish government as to its future, but is now open again.[1]
Christiania has been a source of controversy since its creation in a squatted military area in 1971. Its cannabis trade was tolerated by authorities until 2004. Since then, measures for normalising the legal status of the community have led to conflicts, and negotiations are ongoing.
Among many Christiania residents, the community is known as staden ('the town'), short for fristaden ('the freetown').



No comments: