Sunday, October 31, 2010

Marianne Lindberg De Geer, Konsthallen, Bohusläns museum…

Today I was invited by my friend Anita to go with her to Uddevalla by car and visit MLDG exhibition, we had a great day even if Uddevalla is a small town a Sunday afternoon, not much life, it felt like a grey day after a big party without any party at all, a strange, boring and very very typical Swedish small town feeling.

The exhibition was GREAT and the museum was also very cosy… We started with a fika and then we take part of the exhibition and I really really loved the video about an old Pippi Lognstocking, 45 years later. A great idea, I love the way of thinking of Pippi Longstocking as an adult woman, really really lost and confused and who haven’t been confused without a helping hand as a child?!

Anita and I took a walk in Uddevalla city on a hunt for a restaurant, we end up at Mc Donald’s, that is not something I’m proud of, but the needs have no laws…I’m absolutely not a fan of Mc D, and when you are a vegetarian lucky eating fish, you have one meal to order, a small fried fish with no salad and absolutely outstanding yellow cheese and some dressing, not the best meal you can dream of, I don’t know if it’s food at all…

The best thing with this day was good company and that my list of role models have expand to one more woman, Marianne Lindberg De Geer is from today one of my role models.

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Lindberg_De_Geer



...






No comments: