Wednesday, October 13, 2010

female role models...

This is things that occupied my mind right now…

What do I know, what has shaped me into the one I am today?!
(Of course I know that a lot of unknown woman and men also has shaped me into the one I am today, but right now I try to focus at more knower female writers and artists… I try to see this in a way of how the society show women or NOT showing women in school, in public and so on… We get feed with a lot of men all time and I think it was hard to find women that have affected me.)

Which female are my role models?!

When I have devote some hours and days to find out which female in the history that has affect me I can only find out a few once and that’s a shame I think… I think the world has to get better to show women’s power. Or may be it’s only me how is really really bad of seeing all the amazing, interesting and powerful women out there in the public light?! May be I´m the one who is not informed about all the amazing women out there???
I hope it is me how aren’t up to date, but I don’t think I’m so unique or unwell up to date…
I believe that we are very very bad to show or to put the spot on women in all situations, someone says that this is a myth and propaganda from the women’s front, but I don’t believe these men who says that (it is often men who has this kind of rhetoric in the public space) they have the facts and substrate for this kind of statements. Men who have this kind of statements have never been a woman and can’t understand how it felt to get less paid for work, to get a clap on your head as; good work or hear the word; little lady…

Now I can’t pass all men over a cam, I know that it’s a lot of great men out there understanding and fighting for a better world for women and their self too…

I think it’s a lot of more women out there that has done great master pieces and affect other women to do things, but as more I think about it, fewer women I can come up with as role models. Off course I know a lot of more women then the once below, but I’m not quite sure if the other once are at the same scale of important once for my development to the one I am to day…
It is two more women that is important for my life and the one I have become and that’s my grand mother that was a warm hearted person with the both feet’s on the ground and one of the once that I have really really loved and felt connecting to, the other one is my mother, we have a strong emotional bond between us and I have a big and nice support in my mother these days and that I’m very very pleased about.

So far I see these once as women that have affect me to think and act the way I do…

I admire these once and I haven’t arranged them in some special order…
IF I need to say who affect me first it was and is Pippi Långstrump or Pippi Longstocking, Emma Goldman and Birgitta Stenberg and of course my grandmother and my mother, but I think that I have understand it when I got elder…

Ann Heberlein - svensk (teologie) doktor i etik. Swedish teologie doctor in ethics.

Birgitta Stenberg - svensk författare, översättare och illustratör. Swedish writer, translater and illustrater.

Yoko Ono - japansk-amerikansk avantgardekonstnär och popartist. Japanes- American artist.

Emma Goldman - litauiskfödd anarkist. Lithuanian anarchist.

Simone de Beauvoir - fransk författare, filosof, existentialist och feminist. French writer, philosopher, existentialist and feminsit.

Vivianna Torun Bülow-Hübe - internationellt verksam svensk silversmed och konstnär. Swedish silversmith and artist.

Carina Rydberg - svensk författare. Swedish writer.

Louise Bourgeois - franskfödd amerikansk skulptör och tecknare. French born American sculptor and artist.

Pippi Långstrump - en av Astrid Lindgrens mest kända litterära figurer. An Astrid Lindgren character.

My grandmother, Göta Harré and my mother Lena is also strong role models in my life.

1 comment:

paula lindblom said...

Thank you Joanne for correcting my English!

I learn something new all the time and I also understand when I will do a deeper “talk” about some subject that affects me, my English went crazy as you know, the Muppet show takes over totally… But I felt that I need to get this important stuff out of the system, so I have to do it, my way.

Have a lovely day and keep correct me, I’m pleased!

Kramkram Paula.