Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Marta Miguel from Barcelona...





Marta Miguel

It’s a lot of good jewellery artist out there… Marta Miguel is a friend and one of my favourite jewellery artists.
I really, really like her things, I think she had a good way of doing her jewelleries; they are interesting and not so obvious… Nice but not ”nice- nice”, if you understand what I mean?!
E-mail from Marta...
Well Paula ,thanks for your words
Well the wrok is about 4 spaces:
Desert,sea,moon,and city
I began with the city n and i feel the sensation of caos inside me, and i wanted to do something little and full of simplicity.
I took a branch of a forest from Helsinki and a photo of the place, and I understood that the answerd was inside the trees, they were telling me things.
The chain with enamel represents the 24 hours of one day in my life inside the city.
One experience is conected to another with a rigid rutine.
the parts of the chain is solded, It´s imposible to go out
The moon: I like this material, it´s soap. i really recognize to see the face of the moon ,
and that for me it´s imposible to be there.
But i prefer belive in a dream and feel the escume of the moon on my face.
This piece is a pendant, I take a photo next week when the exhibition finish.
The sea: Talk about my family
the desert: without life in that place there will be a ray of light
well i hope you understood something more of my work i hope to write some text correctly in english and pulbish on the blog there are more photos in www.martamiguel.blogspot.com
warm regards Paula

No comments: