Friday, May 16, 2008

Maria Manuela Rodrigues...




Maria Manuela Rodrigues
Lives and work in Norway.
Born: 27.07.69 Madeira
I work with textile, photo and video installations I remember some of the jewellery neighbours and relatives wore around their necks. It was made of two pieces of material that hang form a silky thread. On these pieces was embroidered the symbols of Jesus meant to protect the user from the devil. Therefore one in front the other in the back. My pieces are about an inner prayer, an inner complaint, a wish and a secret feeling.
The text is formulated like a pun of words.
They are about the duality and ambivalence of feelings.
The materials used on my pieces are taken from old clothes, embroidered tablecloths, curtains and lace inherited from an old lady.
By using these materials I wish to make visible values about to go lost.

Text and photos from the on-line project: www.jewelleryproject.blogspot.com



No comments: