Saturday, May 7, 2011

breaking the waves...

A brilliant stage play!

Tuesday 3/5 this week I was looking at breaking the waves in a church close by my home; St Johannes kyrkan.
The main character Bess McNeill was playing by an absolutely great and for me unknown actress, Karin Lycke…
I have to say that I haven’t seen such a good actress for a very very long time and I get really moved about the way Karin Lycke handle the character. I love her performance!
I wish Karin Lycke good luck with all her coming up stage play in the future and I hope to see her in other stage play.

Unlucky this play has ended now, Thursday was the last play, otherwise I had told you all to see this great play.

When I look at internet for information about Lars von Triers Breaking the waves, it hits me that Karin Lycke is a copy of a young Emily Watson.

Breaking the Waves is a 1996 film directed by Lars von Trier and starring Emily Watson. Set in the Scottish Highlands in the early 1970s, it tells the story of an unusual young woman, Bess McNeill, and of the love she has for Jan, her husband.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_the_Waves






Mikiko Minewaki had a lecture about her jewellery art the same evening here in Gothenburg, unlucky I miss that, it had been great to listen to the speeches; I meet Mikiko Minewaki when I was in Tokyo 2000, it had been great to say hallo to her 11 years later.

No comments: