Saturday, February 11, 2012

welcome!!!

EVERY DAY – each day like the next, but not quite....

Humour, warmth and austerity – three words I associate with my jewellery.

I experience colour and shape in almost everything in my surroundings. There is inspiration to be found in everything - in a meeting, a shape, a feeling, a reflection, a movement, in a text and so on...
Nothing is too small and insignificant so as not to be taken seriously – everything has a meaning at any given time or place.

I make unique, wearable sculptural pieces of jewellery that are free-standing sculptures when they are not worn on the body.

The size of jewellery and the fact that it is worn on the body interests me and that is why I have chosen to work with jewellery as an art form.

I choose my materials from what I find around me, at home, on a walk or at a flea market... ideas and issues decide my choice of material.

What interests me is to give the materials new energy, to put materials and objects into a new context; jewellery, based on today’s consumer society.

I want the original materials to shine through, first I want the viewer to see and experience the piece of jewellery, but then at a second glance I hope the viewer recognizes the materials/objects I have used, life is revealed if you take the time, time past and present emerge into each other and create a new story.....

Translation by Eva Zethraeus





Photo; Sebastian Pommer


Model; Lina Fors





Thank you very very very much for you help Sebastian, Lina and Eva!


I’m so glad and happy for my helping friends who help me visuals an idea.


...



Jewellery artist Paula Lindblom at gallery SINTRA in Gothenburg 18/2-13/3 2012

Opening Saturday 18thFebruary 12.00-16.00


SINTRA KONSTHANTVERK

Landsvägsgatan 5


413 04 Göteborg


Telefon: +46 031 775 0120


E-mail: info@sintra.o.se
http://www.sintra.o.se/

Monday-Friday 11.00-18.00
Saturday 11.00-16.00
Sunday closed






No comments: