Sunday, October 5, 2008

Jo Pond...




Jo Pond.
A great artist, I think…

Artists' Statement:

I am interested in the ambivalent perceptions of personal beauty and their consequential relationship to confidence, self-value and psychological health. Utilising a collection of unconventional objects and an aesthetic inspiration drawn from the unintended details of decomposition and change, I choose to incorporate inconsistent unambiguous items, to create beautiful yet disconcerting objects, focussing on the vulnerability of imperfection.
Through incorporating natural materials I am considering the state of impermanence, allowing nature and time to influence my design process. This consideration is enabling me to address the characteristics of imperfection.

The animal skin with its imperfections may be considered flawed. This perception can reflect an attitude towards our own imperfections. Utilising symbolic references of form, material and technique, I am endeavouring to illustrate or possibly re-establish the presence of intrinsic beauty within these flaws.


http://www.jopond.com/home.php



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula!
Beautiful pieces! So delicate...
I will mail you soon!
Have a nice week!
Montserrat