Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bill Viola – Water at the Nordic Watercolour museum in Skärhamn...







We also get a guided tour to one of the artist's workroom that you can apply for stay in if you are an artist.





Bill Viola – Water at the Nordic Watercolour museum in Skärhamn

25.5-9.9 2012

The Passing 1991 54 minutes

The Reflecting Pool 1977-79 7 minutes

The Messenger 1996, loop.

Ablutions 2005 7, 01 minutes

Dissolution 2005 8, 04 minutes

Three Women 2008 9, 06 minutes

And a documentary about Bill Viola and his art, the thoughts behind and inspirations sources, very very interesting and also similar to how I see art as some kind of “living”, that we have some kind of idea already as a child.




A really really inspired day with great video art, I love it and I will have the images from Bill Violas videos with me.

I think it’s great that The Nordic Watercolour Museum choose to expose this kind of art, it´s close to watercolour and at the same time miles away from traditional the 2-D aquarelle technic. I like that the museum enlarge the views for us visitors, that they risk it.

A great day with my friend and neighbor Viola, we also get a guided tour to one of the artist's workroom that you can apply for stay in if you are an artist. My idea is to apply sometimes in the future. I believe that it will be a great stay and a great place to find the calm and concentrate on my work for a week or so…

We enjoy the delicious sandwiches from the restaurant, first it was a starter a cheese sandwich and coffee before the exhibition and at the end a shrimp sandwich… you need energy when you consume art.

We also had a look at the new gallery Light & space, work from the museum collection. It was a bright light room, I like it a lot. I think it was great that the it makes me felt little as a person in this room, it was something great over it, that I (or the museum) aloud us visitors to be small in the presence of art.

No comments: