Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chris Bivin… Absolutely amazing!





Chris Bivin

Chris Bivins has been making art of one kind or another since his brother taught him to draw with ’smelly magic markers’ in their basement in Alaska. The artist believes his short attention span lends itself to mixed media work that combines the old with the new and his figurative sculptures are a brooding bunch that appeal to my darker side. Bivins begins many of his figures by carving a 2 x 4 into a rough torso shape. He has a natural flair for combining just the right mix of twigs, vintage finds and newer materials like polymer clay that become heads, arms and legs. It all works in a modern-day-folk-art kind of way.

http://www.forgottenobjects.com/image.html


http://forgottenobjects.blogspot.com/


From; http://dailyartmuse.com/2009/06/12/chris-bivins-polymer-clay-and-mixed-media/


When I see this kind of art, my whole system and heart jump faster than usual, I love this kind of mixed media art who turn to be/look like creatures from different fairytales or night mares… I just love them and I feel to take care, to have them in my home and may be give them name or talk to them…
(May by just a crazy imagination and idea and a feeling … Not a real scenario!).

2 comments:

Alice Stroppel said...

Fabulous work! Thank you for this blog post.
Alice

paula lindblom said...

I´m glad that I found this too. Fabulous is a good word for this kind of work!

Have a nice Sunday evening and thanks for stopping by!

With love and thoughts Paula.