Sunday, November 30, 2008

Michelle Cangiano...

Michelle Cangiano
http://www.piecesofeight.com.au/artists/cangiano.html

What a beautiful pieces and patterns… I can see the inspiration by nature.

"Inspiration for my jewellery is vast, and whether I am studying repetitive patterns found in nature or observing everyday objects from the past or present, my aim is to create work that takes on its own identity.
These shapes often trigger a memory of an existing form for the viewer or owner and vary greatly from person to person, one form taking on many guises.
An antler?
A branch?
An internal organ?
Though each series I produce is titled, separate pieces are not, which seems to encourage this process. Each piece of work I make always belongs to a series. The pieces are not worn nor necessarily shown as part of their original family but it is through the making process that these groups emerge.
A Fine Art background greatly influences the way my work is produced as I start with the working and reworking of drawings and collages. For my brooches in particular, these initial drawings play a major part in the look and feel of the final product.
My drawings are etched into brass plates which I then use to emboss onto sterling silver sheets. The silver sheets are then turned into brooches.
My work is governed by this process and it is during these drawings that quantity, scale and techniques such as embossing and oxidising are finalised."



First found at; http://mardecolorrosa.blogspot.com/

No comments: