Friday, June 6, 2008

Dominika Nabrowska from Poland...

Dominika Nabrowska sent me an e-mail some week ago and wonders if I want to answer some question about jewellery art… Here you can read it at;
http://blog.panieprzodem.pl/



I've started a new blog series of questions. In my opinion there's a lack of written texts about jewelry design (as far as Poland is concerned).
Once I was on a scholarship in Spain, Cuenca.
I met lots of student from around the world talking about the way they teach in their academies of art. I remember one French academy that requires students to find in the history of art artists that they feel inspired by. While showing their own work to their professors they are ought to explain they inspirations and talk about the artist they choose.
It feels like a really inspiring and full of knowledge experience. In the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, where I study graphic design, there's nothing like this. And it's a pitty.
So to encourage people to get to know eachothers works and just talk about jewelry I ask several jewelry designers about:

1) the work they admire from their own designs
2) the work they admire from all of the designs from their country
3) the work they admire from around the world.







The first to answer happens to be Paula Lindblom:


1) My jewelry piece is the first one I did with recycling an every day life material and the heat gun. With this necklace everything started, and there I’m now…
I have never shown this necklace at any exhibition, just as a photo in different places…
Why?! I used plastic beads in this jewellery and that irritates me a little, the other one that I worked further was with glass beads in it…
But I don’t want to redo it; I will keep it as a some kind of reminding…
(Material: Deodorant cans, porcelain animal, plastic beads, form plastic and a stone.
Model: Saidi Nangemo.
Year: 2006.
Photo: Paula Lindblom)

2) Charlotte Sinding is the Swedish one that I like most at the moment…
I like her playfulness and the big sizes in her jewelry pieces, and I think she is a really, really good in making these pieces.
Serena Holms is one of my top fives in Sweden, she is sooooooooooo good, I don’t know why, but her jewelleries touch me and go straight to my heart.
(Photos from Platinas website and Klimt02 website)

3) I admire Sari Liimtta and Felieke Van der Leest, and also a lot of other jewelleries out there, but if I have to pick just one or two, then it have to be this two once for the moment.
I always am weak of animals and they both work with animals in a funny and interesting way and I get happy when I see these jewelleries.
(Photos from the Internet)

No comments: