Saturday, April 19, 2008

Eric Langert...











Temporary exhibitions at
The Maritime Museum and Aquarium, is one of the most popular sights in the city. The exhibitions show Swedish maritime history from the 17th century to the present. It is our aim to increase understanding of life in and on the seas. Here you can find something for all ages!
My animal park 15 March – 9 November
Visit an unusual animal park and meet a five metre long dinosaur skeleton made from radiators, snakes and alligators from tyres, and bats from umbrellas. Artist Eric Langert has created this inspiring exhibition which shows us an unusual and imaginative way of looking at our surroundings.


Today I was at the great, nice, amazing exhibition by Eric Langert.
It’s so much fun, so much love and soooooooooo much fantasy in these creatures or animals!
I have seeing this exhibition once before, may be 10 years ago, and I know that my first reaction that time was; that this must have been created of a kind person…
I didn’t know that Eric Langert was from Gothenburg at that time.
5-6 years ago when I was starting to do my master of fine art degree, I asked Eric if he want to be my instructor… And he accepted that!

I thought that my idea of working is similar to Erics work, to see possibilities in everyday life materials, to transform it but still have the essential left.

http://www.langert.se/

No comments: