Monday, October 20, 2014

loooong time ago...


 Ryan air have a post about one of my jewllery pieces this summer...

It has been a very long time since I add some post at my blog, it has been a lot of reasons why I´m not have done that.

I have my doubts, I wonder if I need refresh my blog, change the way the blog looks and what I will continue fill it with... Or will I drop it, use my time "better"?! But in some way I like to control and add things to my blog, things that is important for me, things that happens in my life, things that impact my art life and so on... I like that I am the one that do the choose, that I don´t need to go by someone else to show, explain or just being... I think I need time to figure out how I will go from here and further.

Maybe it´s not interesting at all what I am doing in between?! I have to think about it too.
I hope that I will have time and energy to catch up and add some "old" images from the time since my last post.

One of all the reasons had been that I had have hard time at my bread and butter work the last years, that has reflect on my energy a lot. I have been tired and I have lost focus and I have been light depressed. I have been and are happy for my life outside the bread and butter work, my family and my friend have been and still are my great supports in my ever day life and their care it has kept me on my feet's.

BUT, even if has been hard time at some level, I have done and experience a lot of nice and good and positive things since the Easter...

I have been to interesting speeches arrange  by the Röhsska museum here in Gothenburg, one speech that I like as many others, because it was crowded. Was the speech about the Högbergs brothers, their life and their work as gold and silver smiths here in Gothenburg. They have been a big inspiration source form me when I started working with silver smiting and they was also very innovative in their way of working. Anette and Marie are Anders Högbergs successor, so you can still enjoy Anders Högbergs design and off course new pieces developed by Anette and Marie. You find them a Aschebergsgatan 28 
411 33 Göteborg .

I have been to Istanbul, Turkey for lecturing about my own art. I was at two places doing my lecturing. First I was in a workshop one evening, a very nice moment and I think and hope that I give the one who was listing some new ideas and inspiration.
The second lecturing was at the Plato school for a class of design student.
http://en.plato.edu.tr/

It was very nice, I was a little bit afraid that the student didn't have the interest to hear about jewellery making and my way of working and thinking, but they was really interesting and had a lot of interesting questions for me.


At the same time in Istanbul I hang around and was a guest in my dear friend Asli Kuris place, she is and was a perfect host! We had a great time and I hope to see both her and Istanbul again!!!

I have always longing going to Turkey, I had a wish for it for a very long time, I don´t know why but it has been a dream and this year it had the opportunity to go there twice! My sister invited me this summer to go with her and her children, Alvin and Tova to the holiday resort Side. So in hot summer week we took the airplane and landed in an even hotter place then Sweden was this summer and spend a week in the Mediterranean with all inclusive in a nice hotel about 150 meter to the crowded beach. A nice week!

I am one in The coolest corner exhibition, still going around in the world or in the Nordic countries any way, this summer it come to Gothenburg and the Röhsska museum, first I had my chance to be seen in a whole page in the Göteborgs Posten. All light on me!

http://www.gp.se/kulturnoje/1.2391404-paula-lindblom-skapar-smycken-av-skrap

Then I was one of the once that was at the press release at Röhsska, 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/From-The-Coolest-Corner/158107234311471

And finally I was Acquired by the Röhsska museum they bought both my jewellery pieces!

http://rohsska.se/
I have been a part of the new adventures in jewellery too... 

http://www.konsthantverkscentrum.se/sv.html/se%20konsthantverk-new%20adventures%20in%20jewellery

I was exhibit some of my earlier work at Kvarnbyns culture night in Mölndal;
05/09 - 07/09
KULTURNATT I KVARNBYN
Det var en gång...

Artist: Paula Lindblom
www.molndal.se

It was an experience that I could have or been without.
I was also a participant at the new adventure in jewellery seminar that was at HDK,

New Adventures in Jewellery

This international two-day seminar took place in Gothenburg 19-20th of September 2014. The idea of the seminar was to explore how art jewellery can benefit from adopting new working methods and engage with other fields in the arts. The aim was also to address the issue of globalisation and give example of practices and strategies in jewellery emerging from places other than the cities and schools connected to the field’s historical avant-garde.

The keynote speakers from Europe, South and North America, Japan and New Zealand gave insights to the current jewellery scenes across the globe. The keynote lectures were also accompanied by a number of shorter presentations by speakers selected through an open call process. 

Over 130 people attended the seminar which took place at HDK - School of Design and Craft. A summary of the seminar will be presented here shortly. 

http://www.konsthantverkscentrum.se/sv.html/se%20konsthantverk-seminars%20naij



I have parallel with all this working and still work in a coproduction with the contemporary performative artist Benedikte Esperi, we are working with a project UNDA UASTUS, a cross disciplinary art form. If you are interesting about it, have a closer look at; 

http://klimt02.net/jewellers/paula-lindblom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dR9fFb5LV8

http://benedikteesperi.com/unda-uastus/

Today the 20th of October my dad celebrate his 70´s anniversary!!! 
I´m not there with him, instead I´m in Gothenburg thinking of him! Wish him a great day and all luck in the world! Hip Hip hurray!!! I love you!


Hopefully it would not be so long till next post are added at this blog.
  










1 comment:

U T said...

Välkommen tillbaka Paula! Kram!