Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ela Bauer...



Yesterday at 19th of November in HDK, Ela Bauer was lecturing about her jewellery art.

I was there listing to her speak, a very, very interesting speak. I also meet her and say hallo and give her a small “strange gift” (I gave Ela Bauer and Karin Seufert some moose droppings from my hometown Sundsvall, I thought it would be a nice remembering of Sweden… I hope they don’t misunderstand my attention… Both are interesting in different materials so I thought this would open their views a little more).
Even if we were spoken for a short moment, I really like Ela, she was an open mind person and also very nice and friendly… I hope we will keep in contact by e-mail.
I had 7 of my pupils with me from Lerums upper secondary school and I hope they enjoy this speak too…It’s nice to show what’s going on, to open up the views for this first degree pupils…

I also have to say that I like her jewelleries VERY, VERY much! They are all great once!!!



The text by Ella Bauer

The silicone rubber that I use, is a perfect medium to create the kind of forms that fascinate me. and to express the atmosphere of ‘liquid definitions’. It is amorph, and enables me to create ‘sharp’, casted elements and structures, as well as ‘flowing fields’.

Colour is very important to me. It determines to a great extent the meanings and atmosphere of the work. I usually mix pigments in the silicone, and actually paint my jewels layer after layer. This manner of work enables me to control the colour, thickness and the transparance of the work, and makes it possible for me to embody ‘processes on the inside’, having a visual impact on the surface.



http://www.elabauer.com/
http://www.hdk.gu.se/




No comments: